Instructions for fitting of Ipop:
- Top left square: Patient has already been measured for the proper size of Limbguard by a professional orthotist. Apply device over surgical dressing and/or prosthetic sock.
- Roll sock on patient, pull sock up as stretching it out. Make sure there are no wrinkles or extra material at the distal end of the limb. Place limb inside of the outer thermoplastic shell. Make sure the blue foam is at the distal end to provide cushioning.
- Top right square: Attach the long, narrower neoprene cover to the top Velcro hook area, as illustrated above. Only slight tension, to patient tolerance.
- Bottom left square: Un-attach the white foam from the larger neoprene cover. Place the white floating shell foam over the knee and distal end. The anterior shell should encompass the knee. When looking at the foam, the flexed knee shaped area goes towards the top. Place the larger neoprene cover over the Velcro hook area as illustrated in the image.
- Patient’s limb is protected. The goals of the device is to keep the knee extended, to prevent knee flexion contractures and to protect the residual limb incase of a fall.
- If given a belt, attach the “Y” shaped strap upside down, attaching the “V” section to the Velcro hook of the top long narrower neoprene section. Adjust the strap to the length needed with the provided double sided Velcro hook. loop it through the belt to suspend the IPOP and prevent it from falling. See images below.
If any questions please feel free to contact our office. We would love to be able to help you.